Second post of the day! I am officially on a roll today vintage ladies :)I had been contemplating whether to post this recipe up on the blog or not since it doesn't necessarily fit into to the whole 'theme'. But I can't keep it to myself any longer! It was so yummy when I made it the other day so I have no choice but to divulge this little gem of a recipe to you all.
Prawns- 20 medium to large prawns will feed 2
1 cup of Plain Flour
1 Red Onion-diced
2 Cloves of Garlic-finely chopped
2 Spring Onions-roughly chopped
1 Tablespoon Coriander
1 Tablespoon Oyster Sauce
1 Tablespoon Fish Sauce
- Heat up oil in a wok (halfway full since the prawns will be deep fried)
- Prepare a bowl of flour and a bowl of beaten eggs. You can flavour the eggs with salt,pepper and chilli if you would like to add to the taste.
- Dip each prawn individually into the egg bowl and then cover with the flour. Transfer to wok.
- The oil should be hot enough for the batter to sizzle but not burn it too quickly.Cook for just under 10 minutes or until batter is golden brown.
- Once all the prawns are battered, leave for 5 mins to cool
- Heat up around a teaspoon of oil in a separate wok and throw in all the onions and coriander
- Gently add in the battered prawns and season with the fish and oyster sauce.
Hope you enjoy and let me know if I should do recipes like this one more often? Or should I just stick to the baking?
Lady of Vintage xx