If you're like me and you love Oreo cookies then this is definitely the recipe for you. The texture is absolutely fantastic and has always gone down a treat at parties and fairs. Hope you enjoy having a go at making them yourselves!
165g Unsalted butter
200g Milk Chocolate (Finely Chopped)
3 Large Eggs
2 Egg Yolks
2 Tsp Vanilla Essence
160g Light Brown Sugar
2 Tbsp Plain Flour
1Tbsp Cocoa Powder
1 Pack of Oreos
Preheat the oven to 175 C and line a baking tin with baking paper.
- Firstly, melt the butter in a pan. When melted, remove from heat and pan to add your chopped chocolate. Leave to stand until the chocolate melts and stir.
- In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, yolks and vanilla together. Continue to do this until the eggs start to get light and fluffy.
- Carefully add the brown sugar in two parts. Make sure to pour it in around the edges so you don't lose all that fluffiness from your egg mix. Continue to mix until the mix is a bit stiffer.
- Add in the melted chocolate (once again around the edges)
- Add the flour, cocoa powder and just over half the biscuits. Stir until completely combined.
- Pour the mixture into the baking tin. Take the rest of the Oreo and scatter on top, pressing them in slightly.
Bake for around 25 minutes. You'll find the middle will still remain gooey whilst the whole cake should sink and crack.
Do you share my love of Oreos? Or should I put another type of cookie in next time?
Lady of Vintage xx